- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I used GF self-raising)
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (if you don't add salt normally, reduce to half a teaspoon)
- 1 cup sweetened, plain soy or almond milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable or rapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup soft silken tofu
Add to list
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees C. Line a baking tin with baking parchment or put final mixture into cupcake cases
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Place the milk, oil, and tofu into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth. Make a well in the center of the cornmeal mixture. Pour the pureed tofu into the well, then stir in the cornmeal mixture until just moistened. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into 9 pieces, and serve warm.
- All done! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! tag me @dawncaller or instagram dawncaller so I can see how you get on :)